The beaches of Sète
For a moment of freshness during your holidays in Sète or, quite simply, to take advantage of the iodized air all year round, we suggest you go, by bike via the green way or by bus (line 9), to one of the numerous beaches, with the Blue Flag label, which form this fine coastal strip between the sea and the lake called the Lido of Sète and of which here are the main characteristics
- Lazaret beach (access n°1) - with a first aid post
- plage de la Corniche (accesses 4 to 11)
- plage de la Fontaine (accesses 12 to 17) - with a first aid post at access n°13
- plage du Lido (accesses 18 to 24) - presence of a first aid post access n°22
- plage de la Baleine (entrances 25 to 48) - presence of a first-aid post access n°41
- 3 Digues beach (accesses 49 to 62) - presence of a first aid post access n°59
- Jalabert beach (entrances 63 and 64):
- beach forbidden to dogs and horses to protect the laying of protected migratory birds
- mixed beach (naturism or not)
- Castellas beach (accesses 65 to 72) - presence of a first aid post access n°70
- Vassal beach (access 73 to 78) :
- dogs allowed all year round
For a more mineral decor, we suggest you venture to the side of :
- the Nau cove
- La Vigie cove
Discover here all the beach restaurants and straw huts in Sète.
Water sports activities
With their proximity to Sète and Marseillan, the Lido beaches are also the ideal place to try your hand at various water sports.
So, if you want to try kitesurfing, diving, sailing or kayaking during your stay, go to the port of Sète and along the Lido beaches with our various partners.
The first aid posts
To make the most of your stay in Sète, 6 first aid posts are available from 10am to 7pm and from mid-June to the beginning of September (depending on the season) on the :
- Lazaret beach (access n°1)
- la Fontaine beach (access n°13)
- Lido beach (access n°22)
- plage de la Baleine (access n°41)
- plage des 3 Digues (access n°59)
- Castellas beach (access n°70)
Accessible beaches for all
On these same beaches, you will also find walkway mats that will allow people with reduced mobility to enjoy the pleasures of the beach. And to enjoy the joys of swimming, go to the Fountain and Lido beaches, where the aid stations are equipped with Tiralos (swimming wheelchairs).
My holiday with my dog
The other beaches in Sète are accessible to dogs on a leash only from 1st October to 31st May, except for Jalabert beach (entrances 62, 63, 64 and 65) in order to preserve the egg-laying of protected migratory birds which nest in this area at this time.